Re: Eina - gtk2 replacement for xmms

On 11/28/2004 03:56:17 PM, Sindre Pedersen Bjordal wrote:
Totem offers this kind of functionality, and because both rhythmbox
and
totem uses gstreamer, I would think we already have a good solution
for
both of the playback scenarios with minimum hassle.

Yes, and I currently use totem that way. Hopefully in fc4 totem will be in default gnome desktop install, rather than needing to be selected.

But totem has a rather large interface when it starts up, it in a movie player.

Something like xmms but gtk2 and GStreamer is what I long for. Gamp is nice, and even works well for me - even with aac files (which Rhythmbox doesn't - yet ...) but Eina has the best interface I've seen (so far) and (well, it doesn't work for me) allows you to load a single song or load from a playlist.