Re: Eina - gtk2 replacement for xmms

On 11/29/2004 02:43:27 PM, Jeff Spaleta wrote:
On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 23:37:06 +0100, Ronald S. Bultje
<rbultje ronald bitfreak net> wrote:
> On Mon, 2004-11-29 at 22:52, Kyrre Ness Sjobak wrote:
> > Neither can a properitary, vendor-delivered codec.
>
> People ship Shockwave legally.

There are two issues one is legality and one is policy.
If its deemed illegal by Red Hat legal to ship.. its not shipped in
Core.
If its deemed legal but it is not open source, current Fedora Core
policy.. prevents it from shipping.

To be honest that's fine by me - I don't mind downloading from a vendors site. Sure it would be nice if Fedora came with absolutely everything I wanted - but realistically it never will, even for software that does meet policy, and downloading from other sources is the reallity. And that's true with any desktop OS.