Re: i486 base architecture

Arjan van de Ven wrote:

On Sun, 2004-11-28 at 19:46 -0500, William M. Quarles wrote:

I would, but are there any free ways of doing benchmarks? Not to mention I'm not really much of a programmer, so I don't know what oprofile/gprof are.

for what it's worth... cmov isn't faster on newer (pM/pIV/amd64 level) CPUs than the open coded conditional jump anymore.... so there no longer really is a reason to use cmov-only code.

More terminology that I am not aware of... cmov? I know that I'm a novice about development, you don't have to further proove it to me.

----
Peace,
William