gnome-volume-manager blank CD defaults

John (J5) Palmieri johnp at redhat.com
Thu Oct 7 16:02:57 UTC 2004

I wanted to get the Fedora communities opinion on popping up a burn://
folder when a blank CD is inserted into the drive.  Right now we pop it
up which makes sense because if you pop in a blank CD most likely you
want to burn to it.  Problems come in when a user is using browser mode
in Nautilus.  If you pop the CD in and out a couple of times you get a
bunch of burn:// folders.  Since you get a CD icon on the desktop which
you can double click to open up the burn:// folder I am wondering if I
should turn this off by default.  I am of no opinion either way so I
want to see how everyone else feels.

--
John (J5) Palmieri
Associate Software Engineer