APM/ACPI on ThinkPads [ Was: Fedora Core 3 Bug Status - 2004-10-11]

Satish Balay balay at fastmail.fm
Tue Oct 12 04:53:49 UTC 2004

On Mon, 11 Oct 2004, Warren Togami wrote:

> Frank Schmitt wrote:
> > >
> > > I hope APM/ACPI working on thinkpads is also considered a target for FC3.
> > >
> > > #133176, #133105
> >

> > I'd like to second this.
> >

> As much as I personally am in agreement, "me too" is not helpful.  The only
> thing that will possibly help this effort is if reporting and discussion is
> aimed at the upstream project.
>
> http://acpi.sourceforge.net/
> Please go here.

Personally I'd like to see APM be a blocker issue - as it worked for
all previous fedora/redhat (up to 6.2?) versions. (ACPI didn't really
work well before - so I'm not really comited to it)

I guess I would have to install the kernel from kernel.org to see if
the APM problem is an upstream issue..

Oh well..
Satish