Default browser of FC3?

Lars E. Pettersson lars at homer.se
Tue Oct 12 13:10:35 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-10-12 at 14:55, Ricardo Veguilla wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-10-12 at 14:35 +0200, Lars E. Pettersson wrote:
> > Perhaps a systems default is a bad choice, perhaps we should have one
> > default for Gnome, one for Kde, one for xfce, and so on.
> >

> That was also my conclusion.
>
> Quite frankly if the KDE developers/user don't care what Fedora puts as
> a default browser (I'm not saying thats the case, I'm just speculating)
> then fine by me.

They care, and do not like it. Look at discussions regarding
RedHat/Fedora and Kde during the years...

I do not want Fedora to be known as a "Gnome distribution", I would like
it to be regarded as a "Linux/GNU distribution". I.e. I think we may put
off some users by mixing different desktop defaults, and making one
desktops default the system default.

Ok, I am not sure that we will come to any conclusion on this. We seem
to agree that different defaults for different desktops is better than a
systems default. Lets hope that this is what will happen in future
Fedora releases.

Regarding having Epiphany as default, be it Gnome, or as default, I
think we have to agree to disagree... :-)

Lars
--
Lars E. Pettersson <lars at homer.se>
http://www.sm6rpz.se/