GNOME Desktop CD icon weirdness

Ralf Ertzinger fedora-devel at camperquake.de
Sat Oct 16 12:52:32 UTC 2004

Hi.

I'm asking here since I do not know against which component to file a bug.

I've disabled all automatic CD mounting/playing/ejecting/whatever features
in gnome. Nonetheless gnome puts a "Blank CD" icon on my desktop whenever I
insert a blank CD in a writer. OK, I can live with that.

I am using k3b to write the CDs. When k3b is finished (and closed), the CD
in the drive is no more a blank CD. Nonetheless the icon persists. I can
even mount the just written CD in the burner (without taking it out). The
mount will succeed, but the "blank CD" icon is still there. Normally mounting
a CD will cause a new icon to pop up on the desktop, but this does not happen
(gnome seems to know that there already is an icon for this drive). Clicking
on the "blank CD" icon reveals an empty window, offering me to add files to
the no longer existant blank disk.s

Removing the disk from the drive causes the icon to disappear.

Where do I file this?

--
/* Sun, you just can't beat me, you just can't.  Stop trying,
 * give up.  I'm serious, I am going to kick the living shit