Lock screen does not work for root in gnome

Kyrre Ness Sjobak kyrre at solution-forge.net
Tue Oct 19 15:44:41 UTC 2004

I had a very good reason to login as root some days ago. In gui.

The LDAP system collapsed (or, more consicely, it somehow beginned to
take 5 minutes to get a GNOME login (where 5-10 sec is normal...). So, i
logged in as root, ran system-config-authentification, turned on user
info cacheing, logged back out, and things worked.