Paralell startup

Michael Favia michael at insitesinc.com
Thu Oct 21 16:22:36 UTC 2004

Harald Hoyer wrote:

> Keep in mind, that for a login, you need network services in some
> environments (NIS, kerberos, ...)
> So the dependencies have to check for these needs also.

And should register as such. I dont know if this is required on install
or if this can be modified when kerberos/NIS is enabled somehow (to save
the greatest number of people the greatest amount of time).regardless
you need network to verify proper login not to display a login screen.
Many times it takes people seconds if not minutes to login. My
suggestion is give them the ability to enter their information and hold
off checking it after they submit it till the required network
infrastructure exists.
-mf