Lock screen does not work for root in gnome

Thu Oct 21 19:16:05 UTC 2004

Le jeudi 21 octobre 2004 à 09:28 -0400, Jeff Spaleta a écrit :
> On Thu, 21 Oct 2004 12:02:13 +0200, Nils Philippsen <nphilipp at redhat.com> wrote:
> > Although you don't necessarily need a graphical login.
>
> I'm not sure I like using the argument that expects people to use a
> console login in which they are unfamiliar to the tools.  As more and
> more wizardy Setting Setting tools get developer to ease the task of
> administration on for subsystems, you have to expect less proficiency
> at the commandline among admins in the userbase overall. If openldap
> authing can be configured without stepping foot into consoleland,
> having a way to troubleshoot common configuration failure modes of
> openldap without dropping to console would seem appriopriate.

However X can cash too (esp if fixed is served via remote xfs and the
betworking is dead). All too often the developer of the latest gfx admin
gimick forgets to bring the curses interface to parity, which is a majot
PITA when X fails (or remote X fails; etc)

Regards,

--
Nicolas Mailhot