Filesystem "binary compatibility" question

Jerone Young jerone at gmail.com
Thu Oct 28 14:17:11 UTC 2004

A file systems structures do not change accross architetures. So a PPC
or X86_64 enviroment reads it the same way an i386 enviroment (if they
programmed it right,and as far as I know xfs is).  Now bootable
partions accross different aritectures is another story :-)

If your signature is correct your running FC3 test 2 (and upgraded the
hell out of it), do a clean install and try RC2.

On Thu, 28 Oct 2004 10:57:46 +0200, Matthias Saou
<thias at spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.egg.and.spam.freshrpms.net>