Re: please try SELinux again

On Sat, 2004-09-18 at 22:48 +0200, Matias Feliciano wrote:
> Le sam 18/09/2004 Ã 21:40, Colin Walters a Ãcrit :
> > Hi,
> >
> > Talking with a number of people at the office, it seems a high
> > percentage of Fedora developers disabled SELinux during FC2 test2,
>
> I disabled SELinux.

Please try reenabling it, and file bugs against selinux-policy-targeted
or send mail to fedora-selinux-list if you run into problems.

> What about a better documentation ?
> Release note of the last release tree (FC3t2) :
>          o SELinux -- This includes a new "targeted" policy that monitors
>             specifc daemons with less intrusion than the strict policy in use
>             before. For more information, refer to:
> 		[2]https://listman.redhat.com/archives/fedora-selinux-list/2004-May/msg00096.html
>
> Is it enough for a newcomer ?

It's a start, but we do really need a web page that describes the
differences between the targeted and strict policies and how they work.

> It's intimidating.

It's not that bad, really.  The new targeted policy should be mostly
invisible.