Re: What to do about libc-client (imap)?

Kenneth Porter wrote:

> Any reason not to call it uwimap-libs? Why should it get premier naming as
> implementor of IMAP? (I realize it's a reference implementation of the
> protocol by the protocol's author, but we don't call BIND "dns".)

My recollection is that "c-client" was named that to distinguish it from
the *real* IMAP client reference implementation... which was written in
Common Lisp.  (Yep, IMAP is that old.  (And as broken now as then.))

--
Jamie Zawinski
jwz jwz org             http://www.jwz.org/