please try SELinux again

Daniel J Walsh dwalsh at redhat.com
Mon Sep 20 21:10:46 UTC 2004

Sorry my filters were eating SELinux messages in devel-list or I would
have responded sooner.

One system-config-securitylevel is creating a file /.autorelabel.  Which
causes the relabel on the next
boot.  So if you want to relabel your file system you can just create
this file and reboot.  It will run the
fixfiles in "single user mode" and then boot up in the current policy.
Not sure if it will work correctly
coming from an upgrade of fc2.

system-config-securitylevel, is not supposed to touch the firewall stuff
unless you modify something on the
front screen.  There are a series of checks on the OK button to only
apply changes if something changed, so
I don't see how the firewall rules got effected by changing SELinux page.

Dan