Re: please try SELinux again

Hans de Goede wrote:

Colin Walters wrote:

On Sun, 2004-09-19 at 08:13 +0200, Hans de Goede wrote:

Erm, that didn't happen for me (running the relabel) resulting in a system with a non-working X. Booting in single mode and running fixfiles myself fixed things for me.

Ok, it looks like the automatic relabeling only happens if you use system-config-securitylevel to re-enable SELinux. So it's probably a good idea to use that.

Ok,

Will the installer run fixfiles on an upgrade? I really think it should!
and not just on the packages, but on all files on the system, so also homedirs etc.

No the installer will leave SELinux turned off, it will not relabel. If you are upgrading from SELinux disabled it will
stay disabled, if you are upgrading from enabled, it should upgrade to strict policy. You can change to targeted
policy by:

1 Editing the /etc/selinux/config file and relabeling (touch /.autorelabe and reboot).
or
2. Run system-config-securitylevel and reboot
or
3. Fresh install.

Regards,

Hans