gnome-vfs not in Rawhide?

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 15:04:38 UTC 2005

On Apr 5, 2005 10:51 AM, David Zeuthen <david at fubar.dk> wrote:
> I think it was removed around March 7 (notting mailed me as I was the
> maintainer of the package) though the buildsys mails for some reason
> don't reveal this. Sounds like a good candidate for Extras if someone
> wants to pick it up.

Hmm.. this is a problem. Right now the build reports are the only way
community is being made aware of packages that are being removed.
Rawhide is of course rawhide.. so i'm fully aware that this reporting
is going to break on occasion. But 'we' need as accurate a list of
dropped packages as possible communicated so the community can act in
a timely fashion to replace these packages in extras before the next
core release if there is interest.

So... assuming the build report system blows up from time to time and
removals from rawhide go unreported to the community. What is the best
way to periodicly go back and check to make sure the community gets a
reasonable headsup about all removals?  Periodically being open to
reasonable intepretation.

-jef