gnome-vfs not in Rawhide?

Toshio Kuratomi toshio at tiki-lounge.com
Tue Apr 5 22:15:57 UTC 2005

On Tue, Apr 05, 2005 at 03:42:03PM -0400, John Thacker wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 05, 2005 at 03:14:55PM -0400, seth vidal wrote:
> >
> > What else deps on gtk+ 1.X?
> >
> The other, slightly nastier problem:  Several packages allow one to
> build with either gtk+ or gtk2.  In Core, we're building with gtk2,
> but these packages have to BuildRequire: gtk+-devel, which pulls in
> the rest of the gtk+ stuff, in order to compile.  This is because the
> various auto* scripts pull in gtk+ macros.  I *think* there are some
> packages still like this in Core; I know I've run into it in the last
> couple months, and have gotten used to pulling in gtk+ in order to
> build, then removing it, when I want to rebuild a package.

Is this just pkg-config stuff?  That type of stuff can be fixed and
submitted upstream pretty easily.  If it's other auto* problems, I'd have to
see it to know how easy it would be.  In any case, if you send me a few
packages to look at, I'll make a start on doing something productive about
it.

-Toshio