rawhide report: 20050405 changes

Rui Miguel Seabra rms at 1407.org
Wed Apr 6 11:03:11 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-04-05 at 11:27 -0400, Konstantin Ryabitsev wrote:
> Here is where we differ. I think cElementTree is a much better XML
> parsing library than libxml2 for use in python. Here's the shoot-out:
>
> 1. It's faster
> 2. It has a smaller memory footprint
> 3. It follows python conventions
> 4. It results in nicer python code

I think the worst in this thread is to see you guys comparing apples to
oranges, and neither side understanding the issue.

Daniel: they're complaining about the python bindings of libxml2, not
libxml2, cool down.

Guys: don't accuse libxml2 when the problem is the bindings part. You're
creating an automatic "ears-wide-shut" on Daniel by complaining about
libxml2 when you're complaining in fact of another level entirely.

Rui

+ So let's do it...?