Fedora 4 XEN and Kernel 2.4xenU

Tue Apr 19 18:54:09 UTC 2005

Le mardi 19 avril 2005 à 19:59 +0200, Arjan van de Ven a écrit :
> On Tue, 2005-04-19 at 19:34 +0200, Nicolas Mailhot wrote:

> > > Why would you want to run Oracle on Fedora?  RHEL costs much less than Oracle
> > > and will make things much easier for you.
> > >
> > > You might ask whether a RHEL3 update for Xen will be released (RHEL3 was 2.4
> > > based while RHEL4 is 2.6 based).  But it's not a question for this list.
> >
> > If you are a dev shop building apps on top of Oracle (apps that will
> > then be sold to wealthy corporations that will shell $$$$ for Oracle
> > licenses) Oracle will let you install as many Oracle setups as you like
> > (they realise this helps selling their products)
> >
> > If you want to host these free developer instances on RHEL Red Hat will
> > enforce through up2date a full license per dev/test system.
>
> which is why you join the RH developers program.... ;)
>
> please take rhel rants to a rhel mailinglist.

I'm only reporting what RH people told me about a year ago (you shall
shell out a license per system you use to help RH sell its stuff). If RH
has come to its senses since so much for the better. But last time I
looked you had lots of reasons to try to run Oracle on something other
than RHEL

--
Nicolas Mailhot