rawhide report: 20050428 changes

Mike Hearn mike at navi.cx
Thu Apr 28 14:30:37 UTC 2005

On Thu, 28 Apr 2005 08:00:58 -0400, Build System wrote:
-lib-1.0.9rc2-1
> -------------------
> * Fri Apr 22 2005 Martin Stransky <stransky at redhat.com> 1.0.9rc2-1
> - updated to 1.0.9rc2
> - add ainit tool
> - dmix is now default pcm device

Is this really correct? The impression I got was that whether dmix was the
default or not was supposed to be defined by the card-specific config
file. Otherwise it looks like people who have chips that support
hardware mixing will have to use dmix anyway.

Also does anybody know if alsa-oss is available in Fedora yet? Last time I
looked I couldn't find it, but there are some nice fixes in CVS (I would
say that ;)

thanks -mike