addition of -Wall to default flags (redhat-rpm-config-8.0.38-1)

Jakub Jelinek jakub at redhat.com
Sun Aug 7 04:55:55 UTC 2005

On Sat, Aug 06, 2005 at 03:36:01PM -0700, Roland McGrath wrote:
> If there was a mention of this change, I overlooked it.
>
> The addition of -Wall to the $RPM_OPT_FLAGS value has some unintended
> consequences.  This broke my latest elfutils build until I worked around it.

I'd say we should only add -Wall if -Werror is not used, because if -Werror
is used, usually the package Makefiles play games with enabling and
disabling some warnings.  For this we could use specs file as suggested by
Roland earlier:
%rename cc1 cc1rhorig
*cc1: %{!Wall:%{!Werror:-Wall}} %(cc1rhorig)

and use -specs=/usr/lib/rpm/redhat/specs in %{optflags}.
Some warnings like -Wpointer-sign are quite questionable and hit insane
amount of code...

	Jakub