download directory

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Wed Aug 17 15:38:41 UTC 2005

> Hi
>
> I would like to propose a couple of changes to the way download
> directories are organised currently
>
> * Move boot.iso image to ISO folder. Many users do not look into
> os/images and are unaware that a net installation method exists.

s/Move/Copy/ would make this work better for folks who do use it
regularly from its current location.

> * Move Source ISO images into a different directory. Mirrors can choose
> not to copy them. Many new users  end up downloading this instead of the
> binary ISO images

Do you have numbers to support the claim of "many" here?  ;-)

Better documentation would go a long way to fixing this problem rather
than reorganizing the site.  The proposed retooling of the front project
pages on f-marketing-l is a major step toward that goal.  Maybe a
boilerplate README in the ISO folder would also be helpful, since I
would think new users haven't yet become cynical about the file name
"README." :-)