Installation Issue

王在祥 wangzaixiang at gmail.com
Sun Aug 21 04:34:01 UTC 2005

Hi,

I am a new guy for the Xen, and When i try to using Xen with Fedora 4, There
is some trouble that stop me complete the work. Can you give me some advice?
thanks very much.

1. I installed FC4 successfully
2. rpm -i xen-2-20050522.i386.rpm
it report that it depend on bridge-utils, libSDL-1.2.so.0
3. then i execute rpm -i bridge-utils-1.0.4-6.i386.rpm
it report it depends on libsysfs.so.1

then i dont know how to do next, since i cant find any rpm file matach libSDL,
libsysfs.so.1, So can anybody who already installed Xen with FC4 help me?

also, the http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedoraXenQuickstart page say:

To run xen, you'll need to install the xen package as well as a xen0 and
xenU kernel packages. You'll also need

   -

   python-twisted
   -

   Using grub as your boot loader
1<http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedoraXenQuickstart#fndef-a19c5890cddc2023894d1611eee377ec13e2b613-0>
   -

   Probably something on the order of 256 MB of RAM with the default
   setup 2<http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedoraXenQuickstart#fndef-96c245509a0c3f48d308dc15e0f56e54e57a4191-1>

Then, you should be able to install the xen and kernel-xen0 packages. Once
this is done, you should have an entry set up in your grub.conf to boot the
xen0 kernel. Now, reboot into your new xen0 kernel
3<http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedoraXenQuickstart#fndef-fbaafb82c5ea5a60a9567d7ffac2c17eb6f2d289-2>

 Is there any details on how to install xen step by step? as a beginner, i
am not sure, where is the xen and kernel-xen0 packages?

wangzaixiang