Suspend2

Bojan Smojver bojan at rexursive.com
Tue Aug 23 23:59:13 UTC 2005

Quoting Rahul Sundaram <sundaram at redhat.com>:

> Note that some work has gone into enabling the current mainline
> suspend code to work properly in the recent rawhide kernels.
> https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2005-August/msg00143.html
> So you can test it out on your notebook and see if you can be happy
> with that.

OK. I tried the original suspend code before and it wasn't very good
(slow, panics, disk corruption etc.), but I'll give this one a go. Who
knows, maybe it'll be better this time.

I read (some of) the thread you pointed to and I see that Dave Jones
actually had another (very reasonable) explanation for not using
suspend2 in current Rawhide kernels, which has to do with deviation
from the vanilla kernels. I understand that, makes perfect sense.

Oh well, I guess I'll have to roll my own for a while. Then again,
stranger things were known happen, so maybe suspend2 code filters
through mm and mainline in FC5 time (ah, that optimist side again :-).

--
Bojan