Gdk-WARNING

Pete Zaitcev zaitcev at redhat.com
Thu Aug 25 20:09:08 UTC 2005

Hi, Everyone. A question for GTK hackers here.
I get lots and lots of these on stderr after yesterday's update.

(gvim:8960): Gdk-WARNING **: gdk_property_get(): length value has wrapped in calculation (did you pass G_MAXLONG?)
(sylpheed:2518): Gdk-WARNING **: gdk_property_get(): length value has wrapped in calculation (did you pass G_MAXLONG?)

This seems to happen to a large number of previously working applications.
Is this something that can be corrected in one place, or do I need to
rebuild everything?

The question arises because I use gvim a lot, and that is started from
a command line, so I cannot just ignore stderr.

[zaitcev at lembas ~]$ rpm -qa 'gtk*'
gtkhtml2-2.6.3-1
gtkhtml-devel-1.1.9-11
gtk+-1.2.10-39