rawhide eth0 not present

Steve G linux_4ever at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 30 14:33:48 UTC 2005

>> Bringing up interface eth0:   Device eth0 does not seem to be present,
delaying
>> initialization.		[FAILED]
>
>> The ethernet controller works fine under fc4. lspci shows a Ethernet
controller
>> RTL-8139/8139C/8139C+ (rev 10)
>
>Change 8139cp back to 8139too in /etc/modprobe.conf.

I did, no real effect. And something keeps changing it to 8139cp. I also deleted
HWADDR out of ifcfg-eth0. Still, rawhide does not detect eth0 being present -
even though fc4 did. I tried a fc3 live CD and it properly inits the ethernet
card...so it seems we went backawards.

Is there any information that I can gather to help sort this out?

>Search for 8139cp in bugzilla and you'll find a bug to watch :-)

I assume you mean bz 157783.

-Steve