yum clean bug

Jesse Keating jkeating at j2solutions.net
Fri Dec 9 17:23:15 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-12-09 at 12:16 -0500, Gene C. wrote:
> It is not clear to me that the changes needed to the yum man page are an RFE
> as oppose to a documentation "error" in that the current description implies
> different operation (at least to some individuals) than what yum really
> implements.

Well as pointed out, the 'all' in yum clean all does not reference
repositories, rather cache items.  So all does exactly what it is
supposed to do, cleans all the cache items.  The clean action itself is
what acts upon active repositories.  It stands to reason that the
documentation on the clean action could use an enhancement to mention
that it works only on existing/enabled repositories.

Was I helpful?  Let others know: