Default cursor theme for FC5.

Mike A. Harris mharris at mharris.ca
Tue Dec 13 18:38:09 UTC 2005

I asked in IRC but didn't get a response, so lets try this
asynchronous thingie instead....

In previous OS releases, the default cursor theme was called
"BlueCurve" and was configured in host.def in monolithic X
packaging.  In modular X, the upstream default doesn't configure
anything or even install the default cursor theme files.

My current running assumption, is that manually hacking this
to be like it was before is the correct thing to do for now,
however since I haven't seen anyone complain or file any bug
reports, I'm wondering if we now override the cursor settings
via Gconf or something else?

So:  Should the default cursor theme remain "BlueCurve", and
if so, is it prefered that the libXcursor package supply the
/usr/share/icons/default/index.theme file in by default and
set this up?

I'll update the package once I get some feedback.

Thanks in advance.

--
Mike A. Harris, Open Source Advocate  *  http://mharris.ca
Proud to be Canadian.