bittorrent in core? what frontend?

Jack Tanner ihok at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 15 21:23:55 UTC 2005

John (J5) Palmieri wrote:
> Not sure but I think the one in core should be the simplest.  Click on
> a .torrent file and a nice little progress bar pops up to tell you the
> status and perhaps sits in the notification area.  By all means though,
> get Azureus to work and find someone to package it into extras.

I don't mean to get into "my favorite client is X" debate, but if we're
picking something for core, I'd argue for picking a client that people
really love.[1] I've never used Azureus, but by that reasoning, since
Azureus is regularly on sf.net's most downloaded/highest activity lists,
it's a good choice. The "safe but boring" default client is a bad choice.

[1]
http://headrush.typepad.com/creating_passionate_users/2005/12/being_brave_is_.html