USB drive REformatting -reg

SK Sharma skn8700 at yahoo.co.in
Sun Dec 18 12:38:50 UTC 2005

    Friends,
        Dunno if this is an appropriate questionon this mail list....I want
   help to use a PenDrive on ALL linux flavors (if possible on OpenSolaris &
   WinXX too ?)
         A friend donated a UNknown format 1GB USB Pendrive and
    my RH9 Hardware browser detects as a HDD & lists as follows:
    Drive /dev/sda (Geom: 1022/33/61)(Model: Generic Flash Disk)
    /dev/sda
             1   1    < 1 Free space
     sda1    1   1023 1005 fat32
    How should I interpret the above information,I presume that
    this is formatted as FAT32, which can be used on Windows.
      This is enquiring How can I REformat (if required) so that
    I can use this flash drive on WinXX & Linux file formats as
    well - please provide step-by-stpe instructions for a novice.

    thankyou,

    SKN8700//
    18,Dec-