bittorrent in core? what frontend?

Paul A Houle ph18 at cornell.edu
Mon Dec 19 15:42:28 UTC 2005

Michael A. Peters wrote:
> Oh I see what you are saying.
> When trusted application foo is being run by user in trusted group bar
> (or open for any user) - the firewall will open ports xxxx to yyyy
> should foo request they be opened - for the duration that foo is
> running.
>
> That would be slick.

    Overall,  that kind of thinking is what it's going to take to use
SELinux to get real security improvements over standard Linux for
processes that are run by everyday users...  We'll need some kind of
"security manager" where root can tick off what kind of actions that
root wants to allow ordinary users to do.