Seperate kdelibs-devel documentation

Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Thu Dec 22 13:33:02 UTC 2005

n0dalus wrote:
> Is it possible for /usr/share/doc/HTML/en/kdelibs-apidocs to be
> seperated from kdelibs-devel?
>
> On my test system (which is currently low on hard drive space), the
> documentation that comes with kdelibs-devel takes up over 300MB, which
> is almost 10% of the total size of my install (and almost 8% of the
> number of files on my system). This is very costly in terms of disk
> space for something I have not used even once.
>
> Can this be split into a kdelibs-docs package? Or is there a good
> reason this is so huge?
>
> Sorry if this has been asked before, I did make a good attempt to
> search the archives and bugzilla but was unable to find anything.
>
> n0dalus.

My personal opinion is that we should exclude it entirely because it is
too big, rarely needed, and if people really want it they can easily get
it from the Internet.  However other people disagree and they think it
is important for us to ship it.

I would support the idea of a kdelibs-docs package, but it would be up
to the KDE package maintainer to do it.

Warren Togami
wtogami at redhat.com