KDE 3.5

Thomas M Steenholdt tmus at tmus.dk
Fri Dec 23 05:45:19 UTC 2005

Eric Tanguy wrote:
> I would like to know why this version was pushed directly in FC-4 and
> not in update-testing before. This would avoid the problem with k3b!!
> Now we have to wait a k3b update to make it run.
> Thanks
> Eric

Anybody feel free to kick in and correct me if i'm wrong here, but...

I believe it's been mentioned on this list somewhere before, that
updates-testing is probably not getting the attention (it should?) from
a wide variety of testers. My feeling is that updates-testing is
*mostly* being used by people who have a bugzilla for productX and needs
to test if their bug has gone away and stuff like this.
This may or may not be intentional (or even true), but that's what I
seem to recall from previous discussions.

If it had been in updates-testing, would you have taken the time to
seriously and thoroughly testing it?

If yes, then it's too bad it didn't go to updates-testing, if not it
wouldn't have helped much. With a limited number of people using
updates-testing, some weird bug was probably going to make it through
anyway.

Anyway, hope this helps in some way.

/Thomas