Royalty free gstreamer plug-in

Patrick Barnes nman64 at n-man.com
Fri Dec 23 17:35:30 UTC 2005

Jeff Spaleta wrote:
> On 12/23/05, Patrick Barnes <nman64 at n-man.com> wrote:
> > Also, this solution is GPL-incompatible, meaning we
> > can't integrate this plugin with GPL software.
>
> who cares.... we have lots of GPL incompatible code in Fedora. I don't
> even know why you bring this up. gst is LGPL and we are talking about
> a runtime detected plugin to gst.
>
> -jef

This affects the players, too.  Theoretically, by law, we could not use
this plugin with Rhythmbox, but we could with Totem.  Our use of
GPL-incompatible code is really something we need to watch carefully, as
there is also room for legal interpretation on this matter.  I'll leave
those determinations to RH legal, though.

--
Patrick "The N-Man" Barnes
nman64 at n-man.com

http://www.n-man.com/