Palm sync status?

Ian Burrell ianburrell at gmail.com
Mon Dec 26 03:40:01 UTC 2005

On 12/23/05, David L <idht4n at hotmail.com> wrote:

> I just bought a Treo 650 and was looking for info about how to use it with
> FC4 when I found a posting which says FC4 is "completely broken with respect
> to Palm syncronization".  Is this supposed to be addressed in FC5, or should
> I "downgrade" to FC3?  Has anybody synced a Treo with Evolution in
> FC5-test1?  I asked this message on fedora-list and somebody responded
> saying that there was a discussion on this list.  But I haven't been able to
> find anything definitive that says whether FC5 is supposed to fix the FC4
> syncing problems.  Does anyone know?  Will I be able to sync a Treo 650 with
> evolution?

The updates to pilot-link in FC4 fixed the synchronization issues for
me. The pilot-link is rawhide has been working. The remaining issue in
FC4 for me is that it takes a long time for the /dev/ttyUSB1 device
node to be created. I use a static device node as a work around. The
udev in rawhide creates the device nodes much faster. This solves the
final issue in using the pilot-link utilities.

I don't know about the GUI programs which use pilot-link library, like
evolution, jpilot, and gnome-pilot.  The pilot-link API changed with
the 0.12-pre versions which means the programs need to be updated for
the new API and don't know if that has been done yet.

 - Ian