FC5 and Yum Plugins

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Thu Dec 29 18:53:02 UTC 2005

On Jeu 29 décembre 2005 18:18, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:

> They don't override base Fedora RPMs just for fun, they afaik do it
> because some of the their packages need fixes and/or enhancements that
> are not in the base Fedora RPMs (correct me if I'm wrong here).

In the atrpm case, they can do it and the result is more feature complete.
That all the added features were absolutely necessary is something else
entirely (meaning I'm not sure Axel tries very hard not to fork FC
packages - in fact since he supports lots of ancient Red Hat
distributions, it's probably easier for him to fork everything rather than
try to make the best decision for FC4/Raw Hide alone)