Package pruning for FC4 and beyond - COMPLETE LIST

Rahul Sundaram rahulsundaram at yahoo.co.in
Mon Feb 28 16:24:26 UTC 2005

Hi

> 	Actually,  it's not hard to download the packages
> and install from
> source.  (./configure ; make ; make install isn't
> much harder than "yum
> install" and it's more likely to work.)

you are completely wrong about that. yum has auto
depedency resolver and several other advantages over
installing from source. with pup in fc4 it would be
even more friendlier

> 	However,  the whole reason I prefer Linux over
> Solaris is that Linux
> comes with a good userspace,  not because the Linux
> kernel is all that
> good.  (The big thing Linux has going for it is
> driver support.)  As the
> things that I expect to be "just there" start to
> disappear,  the
> advantages of sticking with Linux go away.

let me get this straight. if its called fedora core
and is in ISO images, its there and if its in fedora
extras as rpm packages, it goes away?

=====
Regards
Rahul Sundaram