New Install Idea

seth vidal skvidal at phy.duke.edu
Sun Feb 6 06:15:31 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-02-06 at 01:06 -0500, Matthew Miller wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 06, 2005 at 01:02:45AM -0500, seth vidal wrote:
> >  1. multiple repository support
> >  2. a way to set up multiple repositories, sanely, in the gui
> >  3. a nice way to handle conflicts and what not from the interface -
> > seeing as anaconda has, historically, dealt with consistent repositories
> > with complete dependency closure. B/c you know the moment there is
> > multiple repo support people will not just do base+updates but base
> > +extras+updates+joesrepoofdoom
>
> So, can we just have anaconda call pup?
>

> I'm only half joking....

The discussion I've heard so far is to work in the direction of having:
 1. only one set of the metadata in any format
 2. a single depsolver, slightly differently handled and subclassed
 3. anaconda support some subset of that functionality.

So how do we get there? I think that's a question best answered by
Jeremy and other anaconda hackers. :)

-sv