Raw Hide ypbind/initscripts issues

David Hollis dhollis at davehollis.com
Thu Feb 10 11:14:43 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-02-10 at 08:00 -0200, Alexandre Oliva wrote:
> On Feb 10, 2005, Roland McGrath <roland at redhat.com> wrote:
>
> >> I'm not sure what package to file this bug against:
> >>
> >> in Raw Hide, the ypbind service is being started before the network is
> >> brought up
>
> > Also tries to mount nfs filesystems before starting the network.
>
> And starts ntp before the network

Is it because the interfaces are being handled by NetworkManager?  NetworkManager starts pretty late due to needing haldaemon and messagebus.  Of course, it starts really late if you are on a wireless connection and need to enter a passphrase which won't happen until you've logged in.
--
David Hollis <dhollis at davehollis.com>