/usr/bin/rmic -- why?

Joel rees at ddcom.co.jp
Mon Feb 21 12:18:43 UTC 2005

Woops.

I wrote

> [...] But I wonder why all the answers I got so far explained why
> it would be there
> *** if I had installed java ***,
> which I haven't.

... if I had installed a java _rpm_, which I'm pretty sure I haven't. If
I could scrounge up an extra box, I'd check, but I can't, so I'm just
going on my admin notes when I say I've never installed a java rpm on it.

Since the non-rpm install is just tar and setting paths and softlinks by
hand, and those aren't softlinks, and I know I didn't put them there,
the only way I can see how they got there would be through the Linux
install process, and I'm pretty sure I didn't do anything with java at
that point, either.

--
Joel Rees   <rees at ddcom.co.jp>
digitcom, inc.   株式会社デジコム