FC4 slimfast slimfest

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Tue Feb 22 01:47:23 UTC 2005

> On Mon, Feb 21, 2005 at 04:33:54PM -0500, Andrew Overholt wrote:
> > If Eclipse goes then so does all of the Java stuff since Eclipse is our
> > bytecode compiler.
>
> Suits me fine.
>
> Java can all live in a java repository. There is a vast amount of it and we
> don't have room. Not only that but a java repository set has a natural focus
> and since most of it is in java it can run asynchronously to the OS updates too

Is there any way to put all the java stuff on it own on cd 5 and call
it 'CD 5 - Java' with a comment in the release notes saying 'if you
don't want or need Java related bits you don't need to download CD5'

With fear of beating a dead horse - all the Gnome 1 stuff (excluding
gtk1/xmms - not going to start that flame again :-) comes to around
20Mb. And by moving it to extras might encourage gnucash to bring on
the gtk2 release. And afterall we are lead to believe that extras
isn't second grade.

Also the original mozilla is around 16 meg as well and with 3 other
browsers (firefox, epiphany and the kde konkeror (sp?) do we need it.

Also is there a valid reason for have 3 versions of gcc, 5 versions of
automake and 2 versions of autoconf?

Peter

Pete