FC4 slimfast slimfest

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Tue Feb 22 13:20:54 UTC 2005

On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 22:53:26 -0500, Richard June
<rjune at bravegnuworld.com> wrote:
> core, n :  a central and often foundational part usually distinct from the
> enveloping part by a difference in nature.

How about we don't get caught up the text book imagery of the word
'core' . I can do you one better and quote the textbook definition of
the word 'fedora'.. and then cry about how fedora core isn't actually
the central and often foundational part of a man's wide brimmed HAT.
'Core' like 'Fedora' is just a silly name.   Instead of a dictionary,
i refer you instead to the objective list spelled out so far for the
project:

Objectives of Fedora Core:
   1. Create a COMPLETE general-purpose operating system with
capabilities equivalent to competing operating systems, built for and
by a community — those who not only consume, but also produce for the
good of other community members

-jef