FC4 slimfast slimfest

dragoran dragoran at feuerpokemon.de
Wed Feb 23 13:59:52 UTC 2005

Bill Nottingham wrote:

>Féliciano Matias (feliciano.matias at free.fr) said:
>

>>>You can view the list of new packages since FC3 (sorted by package size)
>>>at http://people.redhat.com/sopwith/new-packages.txt
>>>

>>Increase the CD size to 700 or 720 Mo ?
>>

>This was tried around Red Hat Linux 8.0. There were too many failures,
>really.
>
>Bill

Whe should try it again. 700MB CDs aren't something rare now ... I
haven't seen any 650MB CD for some months now.And the price is the same
for both, so vendors will not have problems to keep their price.
Increasing the CD size from 650 to 700MB would give us 4*50MB =200MB
more space without increasing the CD count.