reducing distribution CD count

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Thu Feb 24 23:31:54 UTC 2005

>> Does the fact that a package has been dropped from Core imply that it
>> is orphaned?
>
>Um, 'maybe'. I think some of the input method stuff was going
>to be imported by the i18n group. I'd suggest asking the maintainer
>if they're intending on maintaining any package you're interested
>in picking up. Even if they do want to maintain it in Extras, I
>doubt they'd mind a helping hand.

There's no point in maintaining dropped packages in Extras until Fedora
can actually handle Extras properly.

People who require the overzealously pruned packages can just skip FC4
and wait until FC5, at which point upgrades from FC3 should hopefully be
working again.

Unless the slip for GCC4 is going to give us enough time to do the
multi-repo thing in anaconda?

--
dwmw2