XFCE packages gone?

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Fri Feb 25 21:49:58 UTC 2005

On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 16:35:44 -0500, Gene C. <czar at czarc.net> wrote:
> "Extras 1" could be the 5th CD (or even 5th and 6th CDs) and not increase the
> size of the Core distribution while providing a collection useful to many.
>
> "Extras 1" would have a real push to be tested with the Core and any problems
> resolved but "Extras 2" would continue with the current process.

or how about if quality is a significant issue with any extras
package... we punt it right the hell out of extras completely.  I see
no benefit to drawing a line in the sand inside extras based on
quality. Its either good enough or not good enough.  My understanding
is there will be a 'extras testing' branch similar to 'core
updates-testing' for some packages that need extra love and testing to
linger if need be.

If packages in extras aren't rebuilding cleanly by the time fc4 gets
released or have 'major' unresolved problems.. those packages don't
hit the release tree for extras as targetted against fc4. And we do
this case by case IF there is a problem.    So as a tester of
rawhide... i encourage you to eat extras development as soon as it
spins up some binaries "any day now."

-jef" if core development is rawhide  is extras development rawmeat?"spaleta