exim removed :( (was: rawhide report: 20050224 changes)

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Sat Feb 26 23:13:49 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2005-02-26 at 23:30 +0100, Axel Thimm wrote:
>That's sad, as exim is the most promising MTA out there already
>outperforming its competitors. It also doesn't take any space to speak
>of (10MB).

It's far less than that -- it's 1721KiB. We gain almost no space by
dropping it.

I'm somewhat ignorant of Postfix so I could be wrong, but I don't
believe it duplicates the functionality available from Exim.

I've already posted a few examples of things which Exim in FC3 could
handle, to see if someone most Postfix-aware than I can show how to do
the same in Postfix. Nobody's taken that challenge yet.

--
dwmw2