Why is sendmail bad?

Michael A. Peters mpeters at mac.com
Sun Feb 27 06:25:52 UTC 2005

On 02/24/2005 11:45:15 AM, Kenneth Porter wrote:
> There seems to be a lot of dissatisfaction with sendmail in the call
> to replace it with Exim or Postfix, but I didn't see any specifics
> about why people object to it. Anyone care to give details?

It's not that sendmail is bad, it's just that postfix (and reportedly
exim) are a lot easier to configure without an O'Reilly book at your
side.

Also - postfix can be run in a chroot jail without too much effort,
last I heard - that was just not possible with sendmail.

--
Michael A. Peters
http://mpeters.us/