Package pruning for FC4 and beyond - COMPLETE LIST

Paul A. Houle ph18 at cornell.edu
Mon Feb 28 16:17:00 UTC 2005

On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 06:04:46 -0800 (PST), Rahul Sundaram
<rahulsundaram at yahoo.co.in> wrote:

> I dont support removing sudo either but yum install
> sudo isnt a hard thing to do. if you are going to jump
> operating systems just because of this then thats
> overreacting IMO

	Actually,  it's not hard to download the packages and install from
source.  (./configure ; make ; make install isn't much harder than "yum
install" and it's more likely to work.)

	However,  the whole reason I prefer Linux over Solaris is that Linux
comes with a good userspace,  not because the Linux kernel is all that
good.  (The big thing Linux has going for it is driver support.)  As the
things that I expect to be "just there" start to disappear,  the
advantages of sticking with Linux go away.