Intel Pro Wireless cards

Eric Warnke eric at snowmoon.com
Mon Feb 28 19:50:27 UTC 2005

Then I assume it'a an oversight that other closed source firmware ships
with Fedora?

The bluez-bluefw module ships with a GLP license even though the
firmware that is included appears ( as in I'm email broadcom right now )
to be free as in beer not free as in speech.  Without the source code
it's only Free and not FOSS.

If they can ship free-redistibutution firmware for the broadcom why not
intel's free-redistribution license?

Cheers,
Eric

--

Eric Warnke                   Computer Programmer / Systems Analyst
eric at snowmoon.com                                      518-727-1523

'There is always an easy solution to every human problem -- neat,
plausible, and wrong.' - H.L. Mencken