Re: kernel 2.6.9-1.724_FC3 and gdb

On Tue, 04 Jan 2005 11:01:20 -0700, Tyler Larson wrote:
> I'm no kernel hacker and have no idea where the problem might lie,
> or what package needs to be fixed. But I've tested this problem with
> the same result on two boxes with very different hardware configurations.

I think it's the ptrace changes that have been going in lately. The kernel
guys allowed ptrace to single-step into signal handlers, which broke Wine
pretty badly and in the ensuing discussions a lot of different patches
were tried. I'm not sure what is in upstream kernel right now but it
should be sorted out soon enough.